Wednesday 24 April 2013

2012 - Let's Get This Party Started

After two days of thinking about making Sugar Cookies, it's happening today (Nov. 26)! I thought about using a different recipe this year (for no specific reason except to mix it up a bit) but I wound up going with Martha Stewart's trusty recipe again. It's so easy and reliable. A double batch nearly doesn't fit in the KitchenAid mixer bowl, though. And whenever I add flour now, it reminds me of Charlie's song: "Let it Dough!"


I now have two rectangles of dough ready to roll. While it chills in the fridge, though, I've been busy on the Internet with Our Cookie Journal; selling CDs on eBay (I've gone completely digital); and waiting eagerly for a care package from Mom.


I had to go to the dentist today too (no cavities!) and I stopped off at The Creative Cook Shop in the town square for some decorating supplies. I bought red and green glitter, which I haven't used yet. I have had colored sugars and sprinkles but I can't wait to try this edible glitter. While I was there, I picked up some snowman cellophane bags to put cookies in for gifts. There were some cute Santa cupcake cases and a set of snowflake cookie cutters that I couldn't resist too! Then I popped by Waitrose and bought more flour, sugar eggs (£3 a dozen!!), brown sugar and cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment